Can I add author information to my Postmatic emails?
There are three different ways you can give some context to the author of the post in emails sent from Postmatic:
- Include author information just below the post title
- Use an author box plugin to show author bio info below the post
- Use a supported author widget to place author information in the very footer
1. Include author information just below the post title
To include the name of the post author just below the title you can use a filter, placed in your themes functions.php file:
add_filter( 'prompt/new_post_email/include_author', '__return_true' );
2. Use an author box plugin to show author bio info below the post
Author box plugins are mighty handy. They usually output a box below the post to display the author bio, social media info, and previous posts. We’ve worked with the three most popular author box plugins in the repo to make sure the author box displays in your emails as well:
3. Use a supported author widget to place author information in the Postmatic footer
You can use an author widget to allow you to display author/user information in the footer of your Postmatic emails. For example, the Meks Smart Author Widget has user/author "auto detection", which means that it can optionally show the author of your current post on single post templates or on a specific author archive.